Two miles from the core of Downtown and a ten-minute walk from the Arts District, our apartments near Uptown Dallas are seamlessly at the center of Dallas’ key cultural neighborhoods and cuisine.
UPTOWN. DEEP ELLUM. DOWNTOWN DALLAS. APARTMENTS NEAR EVERYTHING.
Every facet of city living
From BBQ to sushi and wine bars to cold beer, Deep Ellum is truly at the center of the food and entertainment scene in Dallas. It’s funky, local and full of personality—and it’s just six minutes from your home at the Academic.
Explore the Location
10 Must Sees Around The Academic
- / Escape reality: experience fiction. Just down the street, Fiction Coffee brews everything from classic cappuccinos to mystery concoctions with names like Secret Garden and Quixote.
- / Next to Fiction, Burgundy’s Local is your one-stop meat market with an entirely grass-fed menu. Wholesome and sustainable, they’ve been a Dallas staple since 1999.
- / Eastbound and Down Icehouse is a rustic standby with tons of casual outdoor seating and its own dog park, so you can always bring your four-legged friend to the pub.
- / Enjoy tons of little walking trails and open spaces for recreation at Exall Park. Come by to throw the frisbee around with friends or set up a quiet picnic with loved ones.
- / Dallas Black Dance Theatre offers performance and educational programs that bridge cultures, reach diverse communities and encompass ever-expanding national audiences.
- / Escape to Broadway for a night, catch your favorite comedian or take yoga classes on the lawn at AT&T Performing Arts Center. Here, the arts are yours to discover.
- / In beer we trust. Over in Deep Ellum, Braindead Brewing delivers a casual brewpub and tavern fare with funky decor and a spacious outdoor patio.
- / Favorite band coming to town? You might be able to catch them at Trees, an iconic live music venue in the mix of restaurants and nightlife on Elm Street.
- / Where there’s smoke, there’s flavor. Across the street from Trees, Pecan Lounge has been named one of the top 4 BBQ joints in the world by Texas Monthly.
- / Deep Vellum Books honors the history of our neighborhood by carrying titles that speak to its bones. Cozy up in this indie bookshop and uncover stories from every perspective.